Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our deepest fear

This quote is originally from Marianne Williamson and was adapted for the movie "Coach Carter."

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”


Everytime I see the scene in which this is spoken, I get chills and tear up. Fear of achieving all that I ever desired...the pressure that can come with that. However, I've been learning to see this in a new way. It's the fact that I am a whole person, connected to everyone. I think the reason this hits me so hard it that I have hid for so long...I want to shine and BE. I want others to feel comfortable just BE'ing and as it says, they will let their own light shine brighter. I have to learn to let go of 'things' as well, I just can't tell you how this quote gets me everytime.
Formless, spaciousness, bright...

No comments: