Sunday, June 22, 2008

ME to WE

So I've just finished listened to the book, ME to WE, on cd. I read about 2-3 books at a time...I seriously was never a book fanatic until about 2 years ago.
Nonetheless, ME to WE, makes you think about social responsibility and really being involved in volunteering and taking care of each other. I mean, we are all connected as a community, but there is so often an overwhelming feeling that I can't take of everyone, so what can I really do? The book helped give perspective to this, and I am now excited to explore opportunities for volunteering in my community and beyond.
A smile can go a long way!
We're a global community and everyone needs love!
I really enjoyed the book, especially the personal stories included...the stories of 1 person's journey to help others, and it didn't have to be a journey that changed thousands of lives, though some were. Sometimes all you need is a spark!

http://www.metowe.com

Finding volunteer opportunities in your area: http://www.volunteermatch.org

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hey Moonbeams! I love your name! I also love that you are blogging because you have wonderful things to say! I will be reading your work in progress!

PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION is my new mantra (stolen from Kathy Freston!)

XO