Sunday, June 1, 2008

Careers

Today I did a course on career intervention-focusing on my strengths. Am I doing what I want to be doing? Am I tapping into my strengths, which is where I should be spending most of my day, not focusing on those nasty weaknesses? It was insightful, yet I will not be quitting my job tomorrow or moving out of the country. I do have some new ideas of how I want to reconstruct what I currently do to spend more time doing what I enjoy and what invigorates me.
Sometimes I do feel an urge...a push to just leap...do something outlandish like join the Peace Corps, then I let the ego start talking, and I don't do anything about it. I am trying to get involved with volunteer groups locally, but sometimes don't you just want to act? You feel an urge to leap! We'll see what happens...

No comments: